Privacy Requests: Processing Requests
In this tutorial, you'll learn about the privacy request admin dashboard in Fides Control. You'll cover how to filter, search and view privacy requests.
For this tutorial, you'll need:
- A Fides Cloud or Fides Enterprise account
- The role of either
View & Approveror
Approverto manage privacy requests.
- At least one system integration configured for privacy requests. Read how to configure an integration.
- A privacy center to receive and process privacy requests. Read how to configure a privacy center.
When privacy requests are received, they're registered in Fides as a New request available to view in Fides Control's privacy request admin panel as shown below:
The privacy request admin panel features a set of controls to filter, search, and prioritize privacy requests as follows:
To filter privacy requests by their current status, use the Status filter as shown here:
Each privacy request is assigned a uniquely identifiable Request ID. You can search privacy requests by ID in the search field as shown:
You can filter privacy requests by date range, using the From and To date ranges as shown:
To minimize personal data risks, obfuscates personal identifiers in the UI by default. To reveal personal identifiers, you can toggle the Reveal PII switch as shown:
To download a report of the currently filtered view of privacy requests click the Download button.
To view the details of a specific privacy request, click the kebab menu
... and select View Details:
The Privacy Request Details page displays:
- Request ID: The unique ID for the privacy request.
- Request Type: The privacy request type, such as access or erasure.
- Policy Key: The privacy request policy being applied to the privacy request.
- Status: The current status of the privacy request, including a countdown timer by when the request must be completed.
- Subject Identities: The related identifiers for the subject that made the request.
- Events Log: An activity log related to the privacy request.
Next, we'll look at rejecting privacy requests.